Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Korean Pro-Life Trip

Abortion is illegal in Korea -- yet the country has one of the highest abortion rates in the world. For that reason, friends of the Life Training Institute have been working to provide some pro-life training to the good people of Korea for quite some time.

This Friday, my wife and I will be leaving for Seoul for a week of speaking engagements at churches, high schools and to the students and faculty at a university campus. All will be centered on the pro-life issues of abortion and/or stem cell research.

This is a huge undertaking for me -- "daunting" is the word that keeps coming to mind -- so I greatly appreciate the words of encouragement and support I have already received from many friends and family. And, for all those who have made it, I also appreciate the commitment to pray for a safe and effective trip -- that those who hear the information would be receptive to it, and that they would be the catalyst for change in their country.

Though it seems to be changing by the hour, this is the latest version of the schedule that has been planned for me. I don't know what kind of internet access I will have, but I will try to report as best I can as the week goes on.

Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. Praying for wisdom and guidance for you as you equip, train, and enlighten those God has chosen for YOU to speak to.

    HE would not call you there if you were not capable...daunting as it may seem my prayer is that if you do not have the ability to explain fully that you will have partners rise up at your sides to bare arms in this battle for life with you...

    Also praying against the enemy that would want to steal, distract from, and make confusion out of what God wants to do through you and in this season.

    Praise the Lord ahead of time for the lives that will be saved through these acts and this information may it multiply with conviction of the previous and stewardship for the next generation.. and holiness in the sight of the All Mighty!

    AMEN!!

    Steph Bell

    Who am I? just a random long time reader:
    drumsticksandpaintbrushes.blogspot.com
    patient.in.affliction@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob:

    I'm excited, praying, and anxious to hear stories of God's using you on this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steph and Richard for the nice words and, more importantly, for the prayer. I have often wondered what people mean when they say they "feel" the prayers of their friends and supporters because I have never "felt" such a thing -- until this trip.

    There were so many people who encouraged me the way you have here -- our church family and elders, and others both nearby and far away -- that it was overwhelming to me. Before each presentation, I stopped to acknowledge and offer up a short prayer of my own. I don't know how to explain what I "felt" but it was palpable.

    Thanks and God Bless you both ...

    Bob

    ReplyDelete

Though I do not moderate comments, I reserve the right to delete any comment that I deem inappropriate. You don't have to agree with me, but I don't tolerate abusive or objectionable language of any kind.